On the west portion of Maui is where you will find the historic whaling village of Lahaina. Formerly known as Lele (meaning relentless sun), the transformation of Lahaina from a bustling port in the 1800s into one of the most popular destinations in Maui is attributed to its unique attractions. It is home to Banyan, the oldest living tree of its kind on Maui that occupies several blocks. Tourists look forward to enjoying a leisurely walk along the famous Front Street and marveling at the centuries-old buildings, museums, restaurants, and shops.
While about 55 acres of Lahaina are categorized as historic districts, it is also popular for camping on the beach, hiking tours, learning the ancient art of canoe seafaring, and immersing in the Aloha culture. The Winter months are a much-anticipated period of sailing off the coast of Lahaina to watch the visiting humpback whales.
With a generally safe environment and very mixed community, Lahaina offers a dense suburban feel for residents and visitors. In terms of West Maui real estate investment opportunities, Lahaina is a great place to invest your money. It is one of Hawaii’s popular locations where you’ll find more affordable condos, residential homes, and vacant lots for sale over areas like the high-end locations of Kapalua and Kaanapali. About 44% of people own their homes and 56% are renting properties. The median rental price is more than $1,300. The median value of Single Family homes is $855,000, while the median price of condos is $650,500, according to November 2021 RAM statistics.
What’s in Opukea at Lahaina?
Opukea is a residential community in Lahaina minutes away from the heart of town. These reasonably priced condos for sale are perfect for first-time home buyers and investors. This property is built by D.R.Horton and is sprawled across 6.5 acres of land. It has 7 buildings that are named A to G with 4 floors and a total of 114 units. This private property was built in 2008.
There are three size options:
- Ono (50 units) – 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms from 1,246 to 1,269 square feet
- Kopa’a (58 units) – 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms from 1,332 to 1,373 square feet
- Momona (6 units) – 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms in 1,893 square feet
These reasonably priced Lahaina condos for sale have an individual lanai and can be rented out for long-term rentals making them a perfect long-term investment no matter what is happening in the world. The spacious, open floor plans include a full kitchen with modern appliances and other amenities for a comfortable stay. Owners and guests have free access to the large recreation area, swimming pool, and other common amenities. It is a pet-friendly property that limits 2 household pets.
Lahaina’s Opukea is the gateway to everything that the west part of Maui offers, including schools. The easiest access to Lahainaluna schools and the south section of Lahaina is using the Lahaina Bypass, where there is little traffic.
Why choose Opukea F201?
Opukea at Lahaina F201 condo for sale is a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom luxurious unit in Opukea with an interior area of 1,373 square feet. The second-floor location provides a garden view. Its lanai is a perfect place to enjoy the morning breeze while sipping a hot mug of coffee. Like the other units, F201 is designed to provide maximum privacy and security. It has an air conditioning system, washer and dryer machines for laundry, new kitchen appliances like dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, and range.
From Opukea F201, you get to access a variety of entertainment hotspots, restaurants, shops, and tourist destinations. Here are some of the wonderful activities you can do:
- Shopping – For people who love to shop, Front Street is a mecca. Along this area are local shops with handcrafted products and souvenir items, the Lahaina Gateway, and the Old Lahaina Center. Another to-go place is the Cannery Mall that houses major grocery stores, drug stores, food court, Starbucks, and other novelty stores.
- Beach activities – The south part goes straight to Baby Beach, while on the north side comes the renowned beach resorts of Kaanapali, Kahana, Kapalua, Napili, and Honolua. These places are the best places for scuba diving, surfing, snorkeling, fishing, stand-up paddleboarding, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Sunset watching – Renting a boat and waiting for the sunset from the water is one of the most unforgettable things to do in Maui. Sailing with some friends, island music, food, and drinks for about 2 hours along the west coast lets you experience seeing the island from another perspective.
- Go dolphin watching – From Lahaina Harbor, go for a 4-hour dolphin tour up to the remote isle of Lanai. Snorkeling off the coast of the island lets you see the variety of tropical fish, manta rays, octopuses, turtles, and of course, dolphins. The ticket tour you buy supports the work of the whale entanglement response team of Maui and the active marine research. The tour includes breakfast, soft drinks, and snacks.
- Go ziplining – Another fun and thrilling activity to do is the 3 ½ hours of zipline tour with your family or friends. The tour allows you to stand on the observation platform overlooking the West Maui Mountains and the lush valley. You get to fly over the secluded coastline scenery of the Ka’anapali and other views.
- Dining – For outdoor dining, there are many options to choose from. If you want to make it more special, have a romantic dinner cruise from Lahaina or dine while watching the traditional dances of Polynesia in any of the Luaus in the area. In particular, you need to visit the Old Lahaina Luau, which is the best place to experience to feel Hawaii’s real spirit. Guests here are greeted by the staff who offer fresh orchid lei.
- Nightlife entertainment – You can easily meet friends or entertain guests in upscale restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and movie theaters.
Opukea at Lahaina F201 is ready for you
Don’t miss the huge opportunity to become a proud owner of this amazing property for yourself or your family. Connect with our expert real estate agents, and they will guide you through the process of buying a beautiful property like this. Call or email us today.